ILYAN Quick Facts
What ILYAN is:
- A PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG TEMPLATE
- SIMPLE, ELEGANT & MINIMALIST DESIGN
- 100% RESPONSIVE AND IMAGE-CENTERED
- 4 BEAUTIFUL BLOG INDEX VIEWS TO CHOOSE
- DESIGNED TO WORK WITH ALL MAJOR PLUG-INS
- NON-INTRUSIVE & ANIMATED MENU AND WIDGET AREAS
- FULLY WOO-COMMERCE & DIGITAL-DOWNLOADS COMPATIBLE
What ILYAN is not:
- It’s not a one-size-fits-all template
- It doesn’t have more settings than a space-shuttle
- It doesn’t have hard-coded galleries, social icons or custom post types –
that’s plugin domain and ILYAN will work effortlessly with major plugins!
Main features of ILYAN
ILYAN was designed with the following objective:
To showcase your images in an elegantly styled, simplicity-implying yet powerful blog with a clean interface on any device!
It further empowers you to use your favorite Gallery / e-Commerce / Custom Post Type / Social Menu / Contact Form / or any other plugin you can think of!
Optional Landing Page
ILYAN comes with an optional Landing Page which incorporates a full-page image slider.
The Landing Page can be turned on via the Customizer’s “Static Front Page” selector.
A few handpicked options for the slider (e.g. selecting images from media library, setting animation type, …) can also be set directly inside the Customizer.
Smart Navigation and Widget Areas
Throughout the theme, there are no intrusive menu or widget areas fighting for attention with your images.
Nevertheless, a fully functioning navigation/menu and a widget area still exist but are subtly hidden and can be toggled on or off with the push of carefully placed buttons.
Whenever the menu or the widget are are activated the main content is subtly blurred and pushed to the background.
Responsive by Design
ILYAN has been designed to work on all possible screen sizes by making it 100% responsive.
Single Posts and Pages behave differently depending on the size of the screen – on big screens the featured image is set as a fixed background and the content scrolls elegantly up or down on top of it.
The 4 Blog Index Views
ILYAN comes with four fully-responsive blog-index views which can be selected directly from the Customizer.
Each blog index template is visually very distinct and beautifully utilizes WordPress’ built-in Featured Image to display an index of your blog entries.
The following templates are available:
- Single Row View
- The Single Row View provides a clean overview and utilizes the featured image as a background and superimposes the post’s title, publishing date and author name on top of it.While hovering over the featured image, an excerpt of the post is also displayed.
- Fullpage Scroll
- Fullpage scroll is exactly what it’s name implies – the featured image is presented in a full-screen fashion with the post’s title, publishing date and author name being displayed in the center of the screen. Hovering over the post-title will again display the excerpt of the post.
- The different post’s can be accessed by:
- scrolling up/down with the mouse
- using the keyboard arrows to move up/down
- clicking the “Scroll” button on the top/bottom left-hand side of the screen
- using the right-hand side navigation buttons, which display the respective post’s title and featured image when hovering over them
- Masonry View
The Masonry View utilizes the masonry.js which is built into WordPress by default. Hence, it’s fully compliant with everything that WordPress expects.
If you’re familiar with masonry, you’ll know that it provides a quick overview of your posts in a nice block-fashion elegantly utilizing available space and accounting for different sized Featured Images which the posts may have been assigned.
- Modern View
The Modern View represents the posts with a clean and modern interface. It separates images from the text and therefore gives an overall more modernistic touch to the blog index page. As with all other view templates, this one is fully responsive too!